April 30, 2013

Until We Meet Again Istanbul


Yesterday (April 29th) was our last day in Istanbul. I can not believe this adventure is over. We are excited to visit Athens, Greece, but I believe any city would be a let-down after Istanbul (except maybe home, of course). Mary Margaret and I both highly recommend visiting Istanbul if you ever get the opportunity. The history, the food, the people: everything is incredible and more than we could have ever dreamed.

On our last day in Istanbul, we brought Nathaniel and Jonathan to see the old city walls of Constantinople and Chora Church. We went to visit Seonkyeong and Mustafa's jewelry shop, and then Nathaniel and I climbed Galata Tower for a great late afternoon view of Istanbul. We met our friends for a farewell dinner. Goodbyes are absolutely no fun, but Mary Margaret and I are extremely blessed to have made such wonderful friendships while here. Oh and I ate lamb skewers. Delicious.

Jonathan climbing the old city walls of Constantinople

View from the old city walls

In the lookout tower of the old city walls

One family member decided she had enough heights for a while

Old city walls of Constantinople

Mary Margaret and Jonathan in Chora Church

At the top of Galata Tower with the Bosphorus Strait in the background

The sun setting on the old city

Reading my Turkish coffee fortune: I'm going to own a yacht

Reading Mary Margaret's Turkish coffee fortune: Something about a horse and eight children

Sweet friends at our farewell dinner

Galata Tower at night
Off to Athens.

Love,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment