March 25, 2013

A Snowy Day in London Town

Hello from London! We made it safely to London at 6:30am London time (1:30am Memphis, Tennessee time). We had great flights from Memphis to Charlotte and then Charlotte to London. Nathaniel took Mary Margaret and me to the airport. But not before Bosco tried to hop in my bag. 

"I'm not sure where you are going to put me Mom?"       

  
 



Also, I realized when I got to Charlotte that the watch I was wearing had a dead battery (March 6th at 5:30pm was the exact time). So that was unfortunate. However, if that is the worst thing that happens to us, I will be incredibly thankful. We are having a great time, and we are consuming a fair amount of carbs (Wedding diet? What wedding diet?). Here are some pictures from our first day! Snow and freezing temperatures have not slowed us down.

Leaving Memphis.

Mary guarding the queen.

Me guarding the queen.

In front of the castle built by Henry VIII for Anne Boleyn, before he beheaded her of course.

Jonathan, we've been telling you that you are marrying a queen.

The Queen's horse guard

Marching with the royal band. They played "Don't Stop Believing" for us.

Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace - Please notice the hordes of people

National Gallery - I conducted an art tour. Mr. Haltom (high school art history teacher) would have been incredibly proud.

Trafalgar Sqaure - Big Ben (the bell) in the background

Our hostel in London. Can you pick out which bed is mine? Hint: Sweet pink striped pillow case.

-Brooke


2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work!! I love the pics and updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good pics. I haven't made it to London yet. Tell the queen I said "what's up".

    ReplyDelete